Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Yes I did!

Yep - that would be the blessed sound of Christmas music my friends!! Baby -you knew it was coming!
Oh, and YES that IS Michael W. Smith as well....In fact say *hypothetically* your husband gets you a bunch of tickets to this AMAZING concert - I would *hypothetically* be available to come (cough, cough - friend Marisa ;) Actually - I pointed out to Chris on the radio yesterday that Spirit is giving out tickets (totally beside the fact that he promised me last year, because of that whole debacle, he would take me to this years concert) and that they'd be smokin' better than the seats we would buy (I cant swallow paying $90 a rear to sit in the same seats we sit in every Sunday - BUT this IS Michael W. Smith after all!) So, I suppose if I want seats (where we can see ;) I better get my dialing finger ready to fight for those tickets!

Total side note:
THANK YOU for your support and prayer for Chris and I while we shared our Testimony yesterday (three times). I was actually shaking like a leaf before the first service, but suddenly felt an overwhelming peace. I Couldn't have done it without Chris by my side either. There were three very powerful testimonies shared, and we feel blessed to be apart of a church that will tackle the heavy issue of Abortion head on in such a loving, grace filled way! Please, if you have a chance, listen to this service at http://www.occ.org/, if you know ANYONE who has been affected or faced with abortion - please send this to them. God is good - and he works in such amazing ways!
Love you friends!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I didn't go to church ... but guess what happened?

I woke up RIGHT at 9:20. Right when the 1st service started. I immediately started praying for you.

You are a strong woman and I hope you know that YES, you changed MANY lives yesterday.

I am so proud of you.

marisabutterworth said...

Ha ha ha!! If we get tickets, you will for sure be joining us. I'm not as big of a Smitty fan as an Amy fan but I've heard it's a really great Christmas show!

AND - you were awesome on Sunday! I was praying in my shower while getting ready in the morning and I'm pretty sure that it was MY prayer that helped give you that peace ;) Please know that you are loved and that you blessed so many people by sharing yesterday!

Lisa said...

marisa's prayers are really powerful!

:)

lilmsabby said...

I am so proud of you guys. That is a hard thing to get up in front of all of those people and tell your story. I had know idea about the first part of the story, but really remember the second part. Didn't you and I talk back and forth? I don't remember, but I remember talking alot about none of us in this family would ever let that baby go. I know you have changed many lives with your story and you will continue to do so. Again, I'm so proud of both of you.

Jodie Howerton said...

You guys touched a lot of lives on Sunday. Thanks for being willing to be so vulnerable. You both did great!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I couldn't stop crying while watching your and Chris's testimony. I so know how you felt and what you went thru except that you were a bit younger and I can't imagine what that would have been like for you. At the time it is the scariest thing in the world. Looking back now you see what God's plan was for you and how much of a blessing those little one's are. I admire your strength and bravery and how real you and Chris are. That is very refreshing. Love you.

Heidi

Carlee Avery said...

WOW! You guys are all so awesome! Many, many, thank-you's for your kindness! We have the best people in our lives! Love you!

Alison said...

Not only did we see you Sunday morning, but we sat our whole family down that evening to podcast the service so our kids could hear it. POWERFUL testimonies! God was completely glorified. Thank you for sharing!