Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Carter-isms


I have to say, my life was WAY boring when the kids were in Ga... When Chris called after I got them from the airport the first thing he said was "I missed all the kids - but I missed all of the crazy things Carter says or does, has he said anything funny yet?" Well, he didn't have to wait long...
I took the kids straight to the beach house after the airport, I was chatting with my mom, Sadie and Krysta out at the pool before going into the house to change, the boys headed into the house to go to the bathroom...until we heard the worst blood-curdling screaming cry - the type where you think your childs arm is being sawed off - I take off booking it into the house, running to the cry: Carter is standing in the dining room - "I couldn't find my way out!!" Really? Aah kid - your killing me!

Oh, there's more...same day, that evening, we're on the back porch -
Carter: "Mom, what's his name again?" pointing to Levi - basically such close cousins they could be brothers!
Me: "Really? You don't know his name?!
Carter: "No, I cant remember"
Me: "Bud - you cant remember your cousins name?" (kinda trying not to laugh cause he was totally serious!) "Did they brainwash you while in the south - or too many cousins names to remember? Its Levi"
Carter: "Ooooohh, that's right" walks off.

Same night, minutes later - points to Greyson (who was just wearing a swimmer that had a tiny bit of pink on it, so I'll give him that at least)
"Mom, is that a boy or a girl?"
Me: "Ok, your kidding right??"
Carter: "MOM, what is it?"
Me: "Boy bud - Greyson is a boy" Wow!



Yesterday morning, Carter had been curled up with my mom, then starts to hop down...
Grammie: "You done visiting?"
Carter: looking at her sort of stunned "I'M not the one visiting - YOU are!!"
I suppose he's right!

I finally about two years ago got a little notebook and titled it Carter-isms, because I knew I wouldn't remember all the crazy things this kid says!

5 comments:

Kara H said...

I LOVE that pic of your silly little Carter!

Sara said...

Oh, I MISS him. And, NO, we don't brainwash children in the South! :)

Tracy said...

Oh, how precious! I'm glad you are writing this stuff down. It helps when they hit the teen years. Yes, they were once adorable.

marisabutterworth said...

Oh Carter Boy!

Jodie Howerton said...

Carlee,

The Howertons are interested in your photography services..Could you give e-mail me when you get a chance? jlhowerton@hotmail.com

My in-laws are in town next week and want to have a huge family photo taken at our house...Maybe on Sunday the 17th around 2pm?

I'd love to get some info on what you charge etc....