Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Proud Navy Sis!!


We're back from Chicago...well two of the three - because of the ash all the flights were delayed or cancelled, Sadie and I barely got on, but Krysta is still there - so sucks for her!! I finally laid my head on my own pillow at 4:00am this morning. Here are just a few pics of Michaels Navy graduation - I kind of feel like it doesn't do it justice! I'm Proud, Honored, Patriotic and thrilled to have been able to be there to support Michael in this honorable journey! It gives me goose bumps to listen to the video of 987 proud men HOO-RA - seriously - its AWESOME!!
I have some great stories and pics... more on that in my next post.
Sailor - Job WELL DONE!

While taking this shot, I hadn't found him yet - I was shooting with my big camera with one hand and my small camera in the other taking video - that would be why its crooked. He's in the center, sticking out a bit, facing forward.

Walking around Navy Pier (isn't he cute!!) There is also NO PDA allowed, but can link arms like this - he was a stickler for the rules too (but is still a rebel at heart - oh, the stories!)

Well, that's it for now - I'll sift through ALL my pics and video and put them up later...I'll have to take a pic of his official Navy picture too - the glasses are sweet! (my mom sent him his contacts and they let him wear them this week) Oh, and the Navy base was incredible and beautiful - but you are NOT allowed to take pics of it, we were only allowed in this room. In fact when we pulled up the morning of the grad. Krysta pulled her camera out to check the battery, a guard thought she took a picture, we had to pull over and he had to look through our cameras - crazy!

2 comments:

Jodie Howerton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodie Howerton said...

Carlee! What a stud your brother is...BTW, got your message...sorry I'm having cell phone issues. It randomly hangs up and then turns on and off......We don't need ya this time on the 20th...but we'd love to hire you maybe fall????