Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

painting {therapy}

{Today marks a new day}
We are officially {done} with our adoption paper work.
We are now just waiting to clear immigration and then will be free to travel - we're hoping May!

{woooooo hoooooo!!!}

Man this has been a trip! I know its not over - in fact really its just beginning...but it still feels so good to be finished with the mounds of papers to be filled out, documents to be found, doctors to visit, friends & family, banks & doctors to notarize forms, shots, passports, hours of classes, fingerprinting....done.
Aaaaah :)

So, this evening I found myself in a quiet house. Boys were in bed, hubby's working, I had just sent Haley off to bed after enjoying a late night cup of tea with her.
...I was feeling like my brain was a bit fried.
With our adoption (and I would assume with most) everything must be exactly 'so'.
No: if's, and's or but's.
My time has been spent pouring over pages of directions and instructions on how to fill out a single form. No room for error. No room for mistakes.

Ugh.
All day my mind keeps going over everything I can think of -- certainly I've forgotten something...? Can we really be this close to done?!

So I picked up a paintbrush, turned on some music and refilled my tea...
I am NOT a painter. At all. But what's interesting is I had all my supplies - canvas, brushes and paint - all tucked away in the corner of my office...I must have subconsciously known this day would come and I would need an evening of painting therapy...

While letting my creativity and mind go, I couldn't help but think about my daughters and when this is finished, hanging it in their bedroom...

2 comments:

Kelly for Team Rainey said...

I am so happy for ya'll Carlee!! Praying for ya'll along the way. We just found out we're expecting #4 here!! :) Keep blogging... I love reading about your journey now that I am in Facebook Rehab! LOL!

Carlee Avery said...

Congratulations Kelly! Wow! 4 kids...4 boys! That would be incredible! :) Are you going to find out?
Thank you for your prayers ~ we'll take all we can get! :)