Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

{heavy heart}

We just received news yesterday that one of Haley's classmates took his life. 12 years old. We were on our way out last night when we got the news, to celebrate our 12th anniversary. Yeah - how do you celebrate.. Haley doesn't know yet, she's been at her Auntie and Uncles house..I don't know how to tell her..I don't know how to physically get the words out of my mouth..I hate that these kids have to even grieve such a loss. 12 years old! They all just graduated 6th grade 3 days ago..!
I heard that the school counselor was at a house where several kids had congregated..she was there immediately..technically her job is done for the summer and with these graduated 6th graders..but she's here for the kids.
I'm at a loss. We're all at a loss. It has never crossed my mind that we would ever have to walk a child through this type of grief..my heart is so heavy for this mom..crushed..how does a parent bury their child..?
Please pray for Haley's heart as we tell her, and that we have the right words to say. That we are able help her and her friends find comfort..

No comments: