Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

{journey} to our daughter


Good Morning from Africa!!
We are currently flying right over Lusaka and the sun is rising. Incredible. Absolutely incredible! I am already in awe of this beautiful country and my feet haven’t even touched the ground. What a gift to wake up to, on the morning I meet my daughter for the first time! Worship music in my ears, soaking in the sun on my face from this stunning cloudless African sky.

Today will be a great day.

A GREAT day!

I am renewed with fresh sleep and sheer excitement! We are tired and exhausted from three days of travel but are SO excited! We left Seattle on Wednesday evening and arrived in London yesterday (Thursday).  Our journey got off to a rough start with my body getting hit with a terrible body flu right when we arrived at the airport in Seattle. We thought it was a panic attack because of how I couldn’t take deep breaths. My chest muscles hurt so incredibly bad. I’m still not able to yawn, cough, sneeze, clear my throat – burping even hurts. We finally got some medicine the last hour of the 10hr flight to London because the pain was so unbearable. We found some theraflu type stuff in London, its taking the edge off so I’m now able to sleep and be comfortable. Praying no one else gets this and it passes quickly. We had a 9 hour layover in London so we took the train into the city, got some food and quickly encountered a monsoon! The kind where a couple of inches of rain is rushing down the road! Haley got sprayed by a passing car! Tanner: “I thought that only happened in the movies!”. Apparently the movies that are filmed in London! :)  We made it back to the airport to stretch out and relax before our next 11 hour flight.

We’re all now starting to wake up on the flight – good nights sleep! Thankful for airplane sleep..can’t wait to stretch our legs in a bed tonight!

No comments: