Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not a single {cloud} ..imagine that


Today when we were walking around the grounds of where our cottage is, Haley said its like being in Palm Springs {cause she’s been there before?}. We met a 12inch long lizard Chris has named Burt. He watches over our laundry as it dries outside. All the other little lizards we see are Burt’s little sisters and brothers. Every Zambian we meet {we’re in Zambia, so that’s everyone} thinks were crazy for being in shorts and tank tops – they’re in scarf’s and pants! What they don’t understand is that we live in the Northwest and DO NOT see the sun and that this insanely pleasant *80 is divine! Oh – and for those of you that know my angst with the no sunshine/light at my home in Kirkland – you will be very happy to know that God has blessed me with Cottage #3 – where the sun rises from a cloudless blue sky STRAIGHT into my huge slider window!! Bliss I tell you!! Aaah yes, and there is a lemon and lime tree growing right out in the yard too. 
Bliss.

We brought sidewalk calk today to Zefina’s home. The kids loved it!! It was so fun to be able to watch them play and enjoy it! We asked the house moms what some of the needs are within the house. A dryer is a big need – I feel like I have a hard enough time keeping up with the laundry for just the 5 of us – I cant imagine for 25+!! They also need a microwave, new pots (they don’t work very well when they have holes in the bottom and no handles) and new toys – that has been very evident. We hope to go to the store tomorrow to meet some of these needs. One of the house moms brother is a taxi driver, he took us home tonight and we hope to use him the entire time were here. 

Tonight was ROUGH leaving my girl. She was clearly sad that we were going. It broke my heart!! I couldn’t bear to let her see I was sad and had to leave the gate before the tears freely flowed down my face.

This part isn’t fun.

No comments: