Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

someone {pinch} me!


I must say – I do believe I’m still in shock that I’m in Africa. With my family. And I have met my daughter.

We walked to the market today – As I watched my family walk single filed on the side of the busy road in the red dusty dirt, dodging broken beer bottles – I realized those stinkin’ Keens were worth every cent! :) Crossing the two 2-way roads to the market are like playing the ultimate game of frogger x5! We were invited to church while we ate lunch at the market. Looking forward to that. The kids were invited to VBS.

We visited Z again today. Thus far we were told that she wouldn’t know about us or who we were (why we were there), and that we would take a few days to get to know her – but that they would not be telling her that we were her new parents. When we arrived today the kids ran around to the front, Chris and I chatted with Mishak the security guard/hair cutter/uncle – as we made our way through the back Z came and found us and a house mom instructed her to say hi to her mom…I think my heart stopped. I cannot believe this!!

No comments: