Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Big day in the Avery house!!




Big Deal #1:
Carters 5th Birthday...Daddy played the "I need a personal day" card (ok he seriously needed it) and brought in some balloons to school





His class sang Happy Birthday to him...although it doesn't really look like it here...hmmm.



When asked what he wanted to do for his Birthday dinner
he said Chuck E Cheese...yeah, um that place is closed on
Wednesdays - pick another place (actually we didn't lie to
him, promise). Pizza Hut, ok, I guess that beats Old Folks
(I'm totally serious, that is what my kids call Old Country
Buffet!) After that we went to McDonalds - ok, confession
I felt like WHITE TRASH, here it was, 8pm on a school night
with all our kids having $1 sundaes watching my 5 year old open his present. What did we give our son on his big birthday you ask...a backpack - yup, a backpack (bonus that his bday is after school starts too - 50% off - oh, I sound so cheap right now) Ok, to my defence - he ASKED for a backpack -I kept asking him too - for weeks, it never changed. At least I have one practical child :) You should have seen his face light up - the boy was Giddy!!


Here he is passed out on the couch (not sure why, it was
probably 10 at that point :)








Big Deal #2:
Tanner learned how to mow the lawn - Yikes!!
All geared up in gloves, eye protection, and ear plugs, he officially mowed his first lawn. After that he taught Carter how to pick up the dog poop. Graduation day for all :)

5 comments:

Debbie Gisle said...

Is that the Kindergarten room at Joh Muir?!?! If so, I think that is the room I was in in the big K!!!

Wow. Happy, Happy B'day!! So grown-up! Love it.

Love, Debbie

Carlee Avery said...

No - He's still in preschool at our church...next year will be the big K (although not soon enough for him!)
Besides are you kidding me - the Kinder rooms at JM arent nearly as cool as this room!

christy said...

Happy Birthday Carter! Yesterday was my birthday too! Enjoy your new backpack.

marisabutterworth said...

These are all so, SO cute!! I love it!

Sara said...

Too funny about the backpack!! How can Tanner be old enough to mow the lawn....it just can't be possible!