Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tredding above the water

What a whirlwind! First of all I have to say thank you for everyones prayers! They are working!! Please don't stop though!

Update from last night to today:
Our mom went into surgery at 6:30, it took 3 hours (fortunately, I'm a min. from Evergreen and went home for about an hour or so - Dana brought dinner for Chris and the kids - MANY thank yous friend!!) The Dr. came out to show us the new x-rays - - 7 screws and 1 long metal plate...sweet! Like Mother like Son :) He also said she would be in the hospital for the next couple of days to work with a physical therapist, and wouldn't go home until she can walk with crutches - yikes ($$ adding up in my head). Sadie and I headed home about 11 - I didn't go to bed until 1, my brain wouldn't shut off...

I had to get up early to do a photo shoot out in Duvall - Chris left his Bible open on the couch for me to read, my eyes fell to Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice! Thank you - I needed that - In everything give praise... I'm not one to give praise during trial. I had peace this morning, overwhelming peace, that HE is in control, HE will bless my mom, HE will provide the funds needed for every bill - HE is watching over her.

On my way out this morning my mom called and said she's getting discharged this morning!! WOW! The therapist came in, she walked, and is being sent home! So as if having all three of my kids weren't enough, Sadie took all 5 kids to the hospital to pick up my mom (cant imagine what that was like - although when I got back home, all the boys - Levi included - were wearing and dancing around in Haleys dresses! You just gotta let go sometimes!) So snug as a bug, mom will stay with us for as long as need be - or until she cant handle us anymore:) Sadie and I will tag-team her house cleaning jobs so she can keep her income - this should be real interesting!! Maybe I'll learn how to clean my own house - although, I have a strong feeling after cleaning someone elses house for 5 hours, I will not want to clean my own...


She cant work for 3 months, and to top it off wont be able to go to Michael's Navy Graduation next week - because of worry of blood clots. She was able to get ahold of him today and let him know, he sounded very sad about it -but seemed encouraged to be able to come home after A-school (8weeks) before going over seas.

I don't know where the money will come from, but I do know that God will provide. He is faithful! God is good!
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers - Thank you!

1 comment:

Kara H said...

I am so glad that you were able to be encouraged this morning! We will continue to pray...God is SO good, He will provide! (although I totally know that is one of those "easier said than done" statements! :)