Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

when it rains it pours

Real quick - My mom slipped on the wet grass between my moms house and her neighbors (little steepish hill). Her ankle broke in 3 places. The EMT's were there when I got there, took her to Evergreen - thank goodness for good friends, I dumped the kids with Jolene (thank you!!) Chris had his Dr. apt just now, so ran to do that with him - more on him later, he'll be ok - thanks for your prayers!
PLEASE be praying for my mom, she doesn't have insurance, and is self employed - cleans houses, aside from not being able to work - pay bills, we are going to Michaels Navy graduation not this weekend but next in Chicago - and because she is going to have to have surgery on it, the dr. said he really doesnt think she's going to be able to fly - heart breaking! Please pray that once they get in there they will see its not as bad, it will heal quick, and she'll be able to go.
Chris so badly wants to be able to write her a check, and say here - everything will be fine - but we are so not in a financial spot to be able to do that, (stress is bad for him too) Please pray for her finances, I know she will be taken care of, just not totally sure how yet.
She'll be staying with us for the time being - she joked at the hospital that just as Chris is getting rid of her - she's moving in! (you have to know their relationship :)
I know I can count on all your prayers - thanks in advance!!!
C

3 comments:

Tracy said...

You guys are on the top of my prayer list. I've learned that God has a purpose for everything and sometimes it doesn't make sense. Take a breath, and know you have a big family lifting you up! Love you ALL!!!

Jodie Howerton said...

Ah, I'm so sorry for the stress you guys are under. Know that the Howertons are praying for you...for healing and for peace.....

marisabutterworth said...

We have been praying all day! Jesse and I have been in this exact position and hate that you guys are there. We will pray that your mom isn't in a lot of pain and recovers quickly from this. We will pay that she doesn't get into any financial trouble. You guys are awesome for cleaning her houses! Can we bring over a meal for you all or anything? OK. This is turning into the longest comment ever!