Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cheap Memorial weekend...?

So, this weekend Chris and I decided beforehand that we would make the most of our 4-day weekend (Chris took Friday off - Yippee!!) And by the most we mean either FREE or very very cheap! No, we're not cheapskates...we just have a family of 5 and live on the Eastside - you get the jest.
So anyway on Friday we were suppose to wake up and go to MY favorite breakfast spot - Maltby Cafe - Oh So Yummy! But by the wonders of God, we were blessed with a 9 year old girl who, much to my dismay, has become quite the little...hmmm how should I put this delicately...Tester. Oh, but only to her Mommy - in fact that is largely the issue. So, I'm big on NOT rewarding "wonderful" (can you sense the sarcasm?!) behavior so Haley and I stayed home while the boys went out for breakfast - yes, Chris let the boys pick...McDonald's - where else??
Not off to a great start, but we didn't let that get in our way. Chris had rented a truck in the morning - my van was getting work done. They first tried to give him a canary yellow
PT Cruiser - Ok, that totally makes me giggle, I can just see Chris "Um, yeah that's not gonna work... I'll take that truck over there." "Sir, I can't give you that, its not on your plan" "Yeah ya can!" "No, but you can take that purple Cruiser if you don't want this one" "Listen buddy, I wont tell if you don't tell - but I'm not taking a yellow or purple PT Cruiser" "Ok, The trucks all yours" I love my husbands power of persuasion (I sure don't have that gift!).
So after the boys went out for breakfast and ran a few errands, we all went to Redmond to do a few of my errands, while there the kids and Chris climbed the "wall" at REI...poor Tanner has been waiting PATIENTLY to be tall enough to climb...and now is!! Oh, but only by a hair! Haley rocked it (hehe, no pun intended!) I didn't even attempt - I'd put my family to shame! We went across the street to a 'chichi' little dog and cat shop...just to look right? Well, ever since our dog Ellie - yellow lab - tried to commit suicide at Easter (she ate 7 RISING hot cross buns PLUS all my brothers Easter candy ie: Cadbury eggs, peeps, jellybeans, chocolate bunnies...) her gas has been HORRENDOUS - I mean room clearing, gagging gas, stuff you have to warn your friends about before you invite them over. SOO terrible - although she doesn't seemed bothered at all, hmm, strange! So we bit the bullet and bought her a weeks worth of way too expensive food to see if it helps - hey I didn't say a BIG bullet :) Hopefully that'll clear her system then we'll go back to the cheap stuff! We'll see...
After all that we had a very late lunch at our neighbors new Thai restaurant Thai Angel - kinda across the street from the Safeway and Joann's in Redmond - not the party store side. Anyway SOO good - eat there!
Then we headed over to our dear friends the Rice's for a relaxing evening...I cant wait for summer!

No comments: