Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Never to be outdone!

Yay!! My 4 year old is a swimmer!! Maybe 10 min. after Chris had just said to me "Hun, I can do the training wheels thing, the potty training, and even the car driving - when that comes, but you've seen me swim...I sink, can you take on teaching Carter how to swim this summer?" Well my job just got a lot easier! My friend, Pam's daughter Grace who is a little older than Carter was 'teaching' him how to swim and how to use his arms. Not soon after did he hop out of the pool and say "Mom I want my fwowtie off" "No Carter, Im not in the pool with you" "Yes mom, Im taking it off" And in his Carter fashion took his "fwowtie" off hopped back into the pool and SWAM - ok, so at first he looked like a duck - butt up, face and feet down :) But after a sec he got it - like the whole arm thing too. Oh, but don't think it stopped there! Soon he was jumping off the ladder, then that wasn't enough, off the side - then to daddy in the deep end!
I'm so proud of my boy!




Kinda like the training wheels off his bike. Mind you the kid wasn't even 4 yet when he declared he was done with his training wheels. Not 10 min. later he was going off his brothers skate board jump
. Yep... his eyes are shut!

No comments: