Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Monday, May 26, 2008

What's a Memorial weekend w/o an ER visit??


So apparently it was my turn to visit the ER last night. We had gotten home late from a great evening with our friends the Rices and Duryee's. We had only been asleep for maybe a half an hour and the pain began! Serious pain - the kind that wakes you out of a dead sleep - doubled over, unable to move, much less get out of bed. For a moment I thought - "This is it, its time - the baby's coming..." Then I snapped back too and realized I'm NOT pregnant. I stumbled to the bathroom - and cant pee - second thought - I have a gal stone - Oh my goodness I'm going to die from this pain. I crawled to the couch, moaning and crying - trying not to wake the house. My poor (groggy) wonderful husband came to my side - "I'm taking you to the hospital" "No, I'll be fine......OK" Thank goodness for live-in Grammies! Bless those kind waiting room staffers - I was told it was going to be a while for a room, but I'm assuming after watching me doubled over in pain - crying hysterically (quietly mind you - not so easy) they called me back right away. Oh, the pain med's - WOW - those are worth every penny! The only description I had for the pain was that it was a horrible contraction that would be a constant pain then get worse in waves. Turns out, after sonograms and ultrasounds - I had a 22cm cyst in my right ovary that burst - OK, that explains the pain! So from 1:30am to 5:30am we spent our night at Evergreen in the ER...bonus out of this event? Our kids slept until 9:30 (I guess it pays to keep them up WAY past their bedtime before you spend th night in the ER!)

No comments: