Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Didnt think I would forget did you? Tater Sauce...

Lita - ( for those of you who dont know, Lita is my nickname for my wife Carlee)

Yep - its me, Chris. Didnt think I would ever figure out how to get into your blog and create a post did ya.

Ladies - I hope you enjoy this story and remember it so that when you think you should make fun of your husband on your nice family blog, YOU DONT.

A while ago my loving wife decided to create this blog, which I thought was a cool idea, better her than me from the technical level and as I learn more about it I am finding it really is a place for women. I actually can say that I havent seen any posts on my wife's friends blogs written by their husbands. This blog deal was super neato at first that was until I read one day a post titled "the big sweep". I didnt even have to read on to know that my wife was taking a blind shot at me in front of possibly hundreds of other women and more importantly, women that I see regularly. See the big sweep is to ensure that there are ZERO bugs, spiders or crumbs in my bed before I get in at night, although still not sure where the crumbs come from maybe the kiddos. I think they may be in on it. Its makes perfect logical sense to do the sweep and should not be considered OCD. Lita you thought you were brilliant and so did some of the responses of your lady friends, I am keeping that list too for a later return of favor by the way.

So Lita, I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to post back atcha and have only just now found out how to do this. You're probably getting ready for bed at the beach house tonight and right now all your friends are going to learn about the most wonderful condiment in the world - TATER SAUCE.

When visiting in Georgia 2 yrs ago we were at a steak house mind you, with my whole family and my lovely bride orders fish and chips. Weird - was the first thing that went through my mind but shes beautiful and blonde and I love her so I let the fish order go without comment. Everything was going fine until the food came out. The server placed the food on the table and asked if there was anything else we needed. This is where my hottie chimed in "umm yeah could I get some TATER SAUCE". I quickly looked up to see the look on my dads face, shocked same as me, wondering what the heck is TATER SAUCE. I then looked at the server who with a few missing teeth in the front also had a puzzled yet curious look on her face. The movie (old school) comes into mind now that I think about it "maybe its a color or a style that I have never seen before, maybe its something we dont even know about". What is Tater Sauce, the server slurred out... hottie inserts "ohh you know that stuff". My dad pipes in still with mass confusion on his face "ketchup, mayo, ???" hottie again "no, TATER SAUCE" and she said it so confidently almost trying to convince herself. An awkward time of about 10 seconds goes by and the server came to the rescue with her knowledge - unbelievable I know. "do you mean Tarter Sauce" hottie repsonds "ohh yeah sorry, thats what I want".

Lita still orders fish and chips and has slipped a few times and reverted back to TATER SAUCE...all in all shes still a hottie but will most likely never post something embarrassing about me again. Thanks baby.

Ladies - if you respond to this post, dont expect a reply to your comment. I havent figured that part out yet. And for the record I do have the list of you who thought the big sweep was funny and I will come teach your husbands how to make a post on your blog. Thanks:)

4 comments:

Carlee Avery said...

You think your SOOOO good! Oh and babe - it's the BRUSH - not sweep, still I'll let that slide.
Listen - if the girl has missing teeth then I'm gonna bet that its not THAT fancy of a steak place - so ordering fish and chips in the first place should be ok....
How long did this take you :)
You got me babe - but I can handle it....just wait :) (actually I probably got ya beat with stupid things I'VE done)
Love ya babe

Sara said...

LOL!!!!!! The tater sauce story is going to live forever I think! :) Enjoy your kids tomorrow....we wore them out for you!!

Tracy said...

All I can say is...come back more often, Chris!! You both crack me up! :)

Amy L Cheng said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type. honestly...you guys are too funny. Oh..and Chris, I had completely forgotten about the 'sweep/brush', but now am laughing all over again about it. That was an AWESOME post. hahah. :) I know I have never met you, but...it's still funny.