Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Bon Voyage, Michael...

Wow! I have to say... I think I'm in a bit of denial over the fact my little brother has joined the Navy and will be gone in 10 days. Yes, 10 days and our family will change - in a way - forever. It'll be good for him, I know - but hard for us. He has such a presents in our family and our lives that Birthday's, Christmases and everyday life will have a huge hole. Not to mention where now are we going to get our fill of unbelievable stories of Festivas - and rivers - and snow... not to mention who are we going to watch jump those Festivas into an empty pond. Wait - who's going to wear the Speedo next time we go to Hawaii??

My kids are going to be devastated - they love him, no they adore him. Especially the boys. Carter was just shining Grammies wheels with him the other day. Who is going to pick on them the way he does, or mess with their heads? It's going to be good for him - that's what I'll just keep telling myself.
My moms going to have a tough time - a really tough time, I almost wish for the sake of her our move out date was later - yeah, I did just say that :)





The question is: what are we going to miss more? Two Festiva's, a Volvo & a Crotch Rocket (non of which run) OR Michael... what do you think!
More to come I'm sure.


1 comment:

Kara H said...

It is so cool to see how much you and Sadie love your little brother! We will pray for smooth transition for your family...God has His hand on all of this!