Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Friday, June 6, 2008

THE Brush


So here's the deal...my husband has OCD - it could be worse, way worse I know - but this one cracks me up everyday - literally.

Here's how it goes: Every night before we get into bed Chris first has to FLING back the sheets (like ALL the way), and do the brush. Brushing out any crumbs - how did he know I sit in bed all day eating bon bon's while watching soaps, brushing out spiders, wrinkles, aw you name it. He lifts his pillow, brushes it out there too. Even when I JUST put clean sheets on - which by the time I get around to it its right before we go to bed anyway - It doesn't matter he still does it.

So, when we were in Hawaii - knowing full well he'd do the brush, I bought a little realistic gecko, and before he came to bed put it alongside his pillow under the sheets. I had to roll over, I couldn't even look at him - I've never been able to pull one over on him, so I was biting my cheeks so I wouldn't laugh. Yup, sure enough, he pulled back the sheets to do the brush and quickly slammed the sheets back down "Carlee get out of the bed - get OUT of the bed NOW" "Why? Whats wrong?" By this time I had rolled out of the bed laughing so hard - he still was trying to figure out what happened.
He was so mad at me - why? Because I got him - that's why!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

hahaha. Shall I tell you the story of how I slammed a real gecko in the screen door when we lived there? EEEWWWWWW! :)

Kelly for Team Rainey said...

Ooooh! That's good! Don't you just love it when you can get 'em that good!?!
Love your blog... keepin' me entertained. Would love to see pics of your new digs!
Take care.. XOXO from Gawgia ~ Kelly

neely said...

that is awesome!

marisabutterworth said...

Hilarious! I don't even bother trying to scare Jesse like that. He totally gets me back and it is way worse!

Amy L Cheng said...

That's awesome. I don't even know your husband and I'm cracking up. Great trick.