Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

God has a great sence of humor!


After looking for awhile now (by awhile, I mean a couple of years) to find the perfect house for our family - Monroe, Duvall, Woodinville...Ellensburge (ok, not there) And with so many "this is it - this is the house" houses - we have FINALLY found the "one".


Mind you we came back here from living in the south - where you can get an enormous house on 6 acres for $200k - ok that might be a small exaggeration, but very small. Chris and I were even talking a couple weeks ago that we hated the fact that we moved back to Kirkland - we love it here, like REALLY love it here. We love our neighbors and amazing cul-de-sac (ok, so part of us was hoping a neighbor would move or.......) and we love the kids school, our friends, Chris is like 4 miles from work (k-I love that because he drives a gas guzzling suburban) our church is nice and close - and also my work, the beaches are supper close, love the community and environment...do I need to go on, we love Kirkland. So why couldn't we have moved back to Kent - and that way our expectations would have been lower. We would have been able to make our life great there. Used to it - oh and the best part - we'd be able to afford it there!

Ok, so where is it... Well, to be exact, its 10 houses away. God must get a kick out of our family - cause sure enough as SOON as you say "Ok God, you win - we'll stop looking, and we'll be content with where were at until YOU show us what you want for us" I'm pretty sure I've prayed that before, but apparently I didn't fully let it go. So here it is 10 houses away in the next cul-de-sac up - my kids wont even have to cross the street to get to Grammies house. Oh - did I not mention that we've been living with my mom for the past 3 1/2 years? Yep, we have. All five of us and our yellow lab (in which my moms cat HATES - Just one bark is all it would take Ellie!)

The crazy thing about this whole thing is that is was our friends house, yeah, I thought it would be weird too. In fact I still think about it, and wonder what its going to be like to have them over, hmmm. Actually, I'm mostly sad because they bought a house in Woodinville, so not to another state, but still they wont be just around the corner anymore.

God has blessed us, in such a huge way. We are stoked and so excited! Stay tuned for our new address. FYI, we havent told our kids yet, we still have about a month yet before the big move, so rather than get the excitement going now - and the "I dont want to leave my friends and Grammie" bit, we're keeping it under wraps for the time being.

Oh - and we figured instead of getting a moving truck we figured we'd just have all our friends over and make a long chain to pass our stuff from one house to the other :) So if your not busy!
And if you havent figured it out yet, that is not our house - ha! I wish!!
C

5 comments:

Debbie Gisle said...

CONGRATS!!! I am SO excited for you guys!!! I completely understand what you are talking about and do agree that God does have quite the sense of humor. Yippee!! If I were closer you could count me in on the move. :) Have fun!!

Sadie said...

Yay!!! What you didn't want to move in with Dad & cousin it when you moved back from GA??
Who the heck is gisle??? :)

Carlee Avery said...

My friend Debbie (Manwaring)now Gisle. She lives in Utah with her family. You remember her from school!

Tracy said...

Oh, yay! You must be so excited. I love the idea of passing the furniture from one person to another. Just need a pick-up truck. And, I love the mansion. :)

Sara said...

So excited for you!!! Can't wait to see REAL pics! ;)