Help us bring our Daughter Home!

Monday, June 30, 2008

WE DID IT!!


Pictures for a Purpose was a MAJOR success!! I think out of a 9 hour shoot day, at 20min a sitting, I only had two kids who didn't want to be there - but that's totally beside the point - I think the all around tone of the day was "This is great", "This is SO easy!" "Will you be doing this quarterly?!" (NO:) Above all we were BLESSED with an insanely smooth running day, and we are just that much closer to educating the people of South East Asia about Child trafficking. God had an obvious presents on Saturday! Did anyone count how many kids we actually took pictures of?
My body apparently took a beating - I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I guess when you kneel and bend over for 9 hours its does bad things to your body. For some reason I feel like I did Suzanne Summers Thigh Master for WAY TOO LONG... When Chris finally got home from his softball tournament on Saturday night, we both were laying in the living room moaning and groaning - seriously, we're 27... is this when it starts??!
Thank you amazing volunteers for putting this together and running it, and for the talented photographers for giving your time and talent, and for all the wonderful ladies who helped on Saturday (Joe, you were a lifesaver!!) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful day! I look forward to what we can do next year!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Just wait till you're 30....that's when the FUN really starts!! :)

I'm glad it went so well.

Lisa said...

I feel like I have NO room to complain because I only worked until 2:00, but I pretty much wanted to die by the time I got home. I slept forever!

It was a blast though and we'll all willingly do it again next year!

xoxo